Your wings carry- carried-
The weight of misfourtunes,
'Til they shattered
From that terrible weight.
Now your feet shall
Never leave this ground,
This cursed and tainted soil.
And what your wings once bore
So mine now do as well.
Now I hear
What you once heard,
Those cries of pain,
Those cries of fear,
Those cries of the lost, the abandoned.
Now I see
What you once saw,
Those bruised and battered faces,
Those invisible and forgotten faces.
Now I feel
What you once felt,
Those wounds that weep the crimson tears,
Those bones broken by the angered fist.
On that day,
So long, long ago,
That day the light left your skyed eyes,
That day you lost your
Wings,
Your freedom.
That terrible, horrible day,
That day you wings turned to dust,
That day you lost the memories as well.
You lost those memories,
Shoved them in a blackened closet,
So far away,
Is that corner of your minded soul.
You've locked that door,
You've lost that key,
And now you see
These chains,
These gilded iron links,
Now you see these chains
As freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment