Wednesday, April 20, 2011

True Lie

I'm sick of lying,
So tired of crying.
Ask me a question
I'll answer you truly.

I'm so tired of the pity
In their eyes,
Eyes misted with tears.

So sick of their questions,
'Are you ok?'
Over and over and over.
I AM NOT THAT PERSON ANYMORE!!!

Stop asking me to tell you
That I won't do it again.
Stop bringing it up.
Stop with the hate
Stop with the anger
Stop with the guilt.

Leave me to my peace,
Leave me to my silence,
Leave me to my friends.
My friends treat me the same,
They laugh and joke the same
I pray that they never treat me differently.

Each day passes,
Sun to moon to sun
Day to night to day.
Once the sun sets the day is gone,
Not to be brought back.

The past has been written in lines,
In flesh and blood,
I remember it.
That is all you need to know.
I remember the pain that it brought to others,
I remember the guilt and the accusations.
It won't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment