Saturday, April 23, 2011

Summer

The stars are chips of ice
Scattered across black velvet
In the dark night skies.
It is summer
And night is warm.
A firefly lights my skin,
My very own star,
Before it flies away again.
Things are okay in this moment,
Nothing is wrong
And the cold, empty, hungry darkness
That live inside me is quiet for now.
I am at peace,
Lying in the tall grass
Looking up at the stars.
The crickets play for me,
Quiet when I first laid down,
But now they are use to me
And they are louder than my
Heaviest music.
No one can find me here,
In this place.
I am safe here,
At least for tonight.
A cool breeze caresses my face,
Drifting over my skin,
Familiar as a lover.
I relax under it's touch
And my eyes drift closed.
I feel beautiful in the darkness
On this night.
One of many
In the
Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment