Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tell Me Why

Why such a sad face, love?
Why such sad eyes?
Why such a dark and cloying
Shadow over your heart?

Why so many scars, love?
Why so many tears?
Why such a flat and dead
Voice?

Where have you gone,
So far that you cannot return
To me, love?

To far to the darkness?
To far to the mist?
To far from the light
Of the lightning,
Of the moon?

Why won't you tell, love?
Tell me, love?
Tell me why you are so sad,
So afraid,
So that I may try to help,
Try to heal.

I remember, long ago
It seems now,
Though in truth
Not that long, a month at most.
I remember the one I loved,
The one whose eyes always smiled.

Now those smiling eyes
Are tired, red from crying.
Now there are scars
Running up your arms.

Tell me, love!
Please, my love,
Tell me why you hurt,
Tell me why you cry,
Tell me why!
You injure me, love.

Burns and cuts,
Clove cigarettes and razorblades,
So much pain.
Let it go, love.
Let it go and stay.

Stay whole and healthy,
Unaddicted to that rush,
That pain,
That blood.

I know, love,
You know I know.
I know how addicting it is.
That pain, it hurts at first,
It stings, but then the chemicals rush
Through the brain,
Channels away the pain,
Makes you high.

I know the blood looks
So beautiful,
Glinting black in the moon's light,
Crimson running down
Pale skin,
Pale from being hidden from the sun,
Hidden because of the scars,
That macabre ladder.

I know how you feel,
Just not why.
Everyone has their reasons,
Different and alike.
I know how you feel, love,
Just not why.

No comments:

Post a Comment